1. God wants to speak to us more than we want to listen! We expect to hear from Him! His name is the Word of God, so weI know He wants to speak to us.
2. All things work in our favor because we serve God, no matter what the circumstances look like. We need to look for and focus on God’s redemptive purposes more than problems. Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose”.
3. God loved us before we loved Him and He never stops loving us! We never have to earn His love through good works. We need to focus on his love more than on our lack, and to trust that we have an unlimited source of love to give to every person we meet. 1 John 4: 19, “We love because he first loved us.”
4. Fear is not part of God’s love and therefore it is not part of our supernatural ministry. We will respond rather than react to any kind of intimidation of the enemy. 1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.”
5. God has plans for our welfare and blessing. He has no plans for calamity in our lives. We will not live with a poverty mind-set. We will see difficulty as an opportunity for God to bless us and bring us more fully into His purposes for our lives. We will expect that God wants to bless us richly so we can be a blessing to others. Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
6. We are special, holy, royal people. We will value ourselves and others because we are ALL precious possessions of the Father. We will honor others and treat them as royalty because we are royalty. 1 Peter 2:9, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”
7. We are to overcome and overpower anything evil that is against us. We are no longer victims of circumstances, for everything is possible through Christ. We will look for creative and extravagant solutions to problems. Romans 8:37, ”No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”
8. The devil is evil and is behind ALL the bad stuff in the world. Jesus is ALWAYS good and does all the great things. We are called to destroy the works of the devil with our supernatural ministry. The battle lines are clearly drawn, and it is not against flesh and blood. We will not offer judgment, but will bring justice to people’s lives just as we received justice at the cross. John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full”. 1 John 3:8b, “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.”
9. We are friends of God and He tells us His secrets! He wants us to live in intimacy with Him, far above just being obedient. We are moving out of slavery, to co-reign with Christ! John 15:15, “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you”.
10. Signs and wonders will follow us! We are carriers of the power of God and we are available for miraculous assignments! Mark 16:17 -18, “And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name, they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
We have inherited the divine nature and we are growing in the fruit of the spirit as we hang out with God. We embrace the journey to maturity as a process of yielding to the work of God within us and not from a striving mentality. Galatians 5:22 -23, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” 2 Peter 1:4, “Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”